Clothing, connections, confidence!
Dress for Success Pittsburgh serves and supports all women in transition as they job search, interview, start a new job or training program, and prepare for a court appearance or internship.
Dress for Success Pittsburgh helps local women in the following ways:
- Women can receive clothing, shoes, personal care items and professional accessories.
- Dress for Success Pittsburgh not only provides professional business attire to women, but also scrubs for women entering a medical training program, steel-toed boots for women in the construction industry and non-skid shoes or work pants to a woman heading into the hospitality industry.
- Clients can participate in the Suitable Hair program, which provides women with the opportunity to receive a complimentary haircut or style at a local salon or cosmetology school.
- Dress for Success Pittsburgh offers assistance with personal branding and connections to resources to help overcome barriers to employment, like adequate childcare or reliable transportation.
- Dress for Success Pittsburgh has a partnership with Accenture that allows clients are able to virtually submit a resume for review and feedback.
Dress for Success Pittsburgh has four boutique locations serving five counties within Southwestern PA: Allegheny, Butler, Fayette, and Washington/Greene. If a client is unable to visit a boutique, mobile suiting is available to meet women where they are to eliminate any transportation barriers.
All clients are served using clothing donations from the community and financial donations from individuals, grants, and corporate partners.
For additional information about the organization, events, and volunteer opportunities visit:https://pittsburgh.dressforsuccess.org/